Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing #6 Stairmaster Again

I did another thirty minute workout on the stairmaster. This went better than the first time – it was a newer machine and there were other people around. You’d think that going up stairs for a half hour would hurt my knees – but they felt and feel surprisingly good. It was a tough workout, too. I didn’t use a pre-program or anything, just switched it up myself, but apparently I am willing to work myself pretty hard because I was sweating hard halfway through.

One of the reasons I’ve been trying the stairmaster is because I’ll be climbing the IDS steps again on February 9th to help raise money to cure cystic fibrosis. The officer coordinating the Minneapolis Police Department team asked me to participate last year and while I posted a respectable time (well, I didn’t hang my head afterward at the very least) it nearly killed me. I figured a session or two on a stairmaster can’t hurt, right?